1. As a user of the site “http://igf2018.fr” (“User”), you are hereby informed that in this respect and in accordance with the legal framework relating to the protection of personal data and, in particular, of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 applicable from 25 May 2018, that a cookie – a block of data used to record information about a user – can be installed on your browser with your prior consent.
2. In this case, it is the WordPress.com Stats – Jetpack plugin for WordPress website provided by Automattic Inc. – configured by Afnic following the CNIL’s recommendations in order to meet the following conditions:
- You are informed of the issuance of this cookie tracing your activity in order to know your browsing habits and your approximate location.
To do so, the cookie collects the following data: IP address, WordPress.com user ID (if logged in), WordPress.com username (if logged in), user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code.
Important: Afnic does not have access to any of this information via this feature. For example, a site owner can see that a specific post has 285 views, but he/she cannot see which specific users/accounts viewed that post. Stats logs — containing visitor IP addresses and WordPress.com usernames (if available) — are retained by Automattic Inc. for 28 days and are used for the sole purpose of powering this feature.
- This cookie settles down only on prior consent of the User kept during 180 days,
- The data collected are not cross-checked with other data processing operations,
- Since the statistics are generated and aggregated without any link with the User, the cookie deposited only serves to produce anonymous statistics and does not enable monitoring of the User’s browsing habits on other websites,
- The cookie is not kept for more than 13 months and is not extended during new visits,
- Raw visiting data are not associated with an identifier,
- There is no geolocation by the use of the IP address.
3. The User has a right to access, delete and modify personal data communicated through cookies with Automattic Inc. (60 29th Street #343 à San Francisco, CA 94110 – firstname.lastname@example.org).